Meet with fellow college students discerning their vocations, get off campus for some fun at the bowling alley, or sign up to help the monks at Clear Creek at their monastery in the upcoming weeks. Get all the info in this week’s bulletin: Bulletin-2015-02-22
I present to you 102 things to give up for Lent. I stretched every muscle in my brain to come up with this list for you. Now you absolutely have NO excuse that you “can’t think of what to give up for Lent” because I DID ALL THE THINKING FOR YOU. And my head hurts now.
What you should really give up (or take up) for Lent:
- Snacking between meals.
- Trivia Crack.
- Plumber’s crack.
- Instagram filters.
- Being a backseat driver.
- Listening to music in the car.
- Texting and driving.
- Making out.
- Using emojis to avoid talking about your true feelings.
- Talking about true feelings through text instead of in person.
Read the rest at http://lifeteen.com/102-things-really-give-lent/
Join us in 40 days of prayer and penitence leading up to celebrating our Lord Jesus Christ’s resurrection on Easter Sunday. In addition to our regularly recurring events, such as Liturgy of the Hours and daily Mass, here is the schedule for Lent and Holy Week:
Wednesday, February 18 – Ash Wednesday
Fridays in Lent (except March 13 and 20)
- 5:15p – Stations of the Cross, followed by a meager meatless meal
Tuesday, March 31
- 4:30p – carpool to the Chrism Mass at Holy Family Cathedral
- No 5:15p Mass at Newman
Thursday, April 2 – Holy Thursday
- No Evening Prayer
- 5p – Mass of the Lord’s Supper
- After Mass until 11:59p – Chapel of Repose open (in smaller chapel with separate entrance on the east side of the building)
Friday, April 3 – Good Friday
- No overnight Adoration
- No Morning Prayer
- 3p – Liturgy of the Passion of Our Lord
- No Evening Prayer
- 5p – Meager meatless meal
- 8p – “The Passion of the Christ” screening
Saturday, April 4 – Holy Saturday
- 5a – Tenebrae
- 10p – Easter Vigil Mass, followed by our Easter Party
Sunday, April 5 – Easter Sunday
- 11a – Easter Mass, followed by brunch
- No 5p Mass